Thursday, July 29, 2010

Challenge: Switch Up Your Diet

I have been on a quest to eat a lower low glycemic diet- more local, more in season, yet still natural and delicious. I have also cut out for the time being... dairy, gluten (BROW: barley, rye, oats, wheat), corn and peanuts. These are known allergens and it is good to give the body a rest from time to time. Other well known allergens can be found HERE.

So what am I eating? Lots of veggies, greens, berries, eggs and improved chocolate desserts- never boring or tasteless. It's been fun being more creative with my meals and it's a nice challenge. More delicious recipes to share with you shortly.

In the meantime please check out:
- Avocado + Roasted Carrot Salad
- Sweet Potato, Corn + Kale Chowder (I would just switch out or take out the corn)
- Heirloom Tomato + Basil Salad
- Berries and Yogurt (Temporarily I have cut yogurt out too)

Give it a try... I bet you'll feel a positive difference. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment