Saturday, February 2, 2013

Nothing Like Home Made Veggie Soup - Recipe

I love soup.  Especially during the winter when it's cold out.  Helps warm my insides and opens up the sinuses.  ;)  I make all my soups with a pressure cooker- wrote about them HERE.  They speed up the process and everything that comes out of them is delicious.  This soup is easy to make, quick, nutrient dense and of course... super delicious.  Lately, I've been changing up the ingredients based on what's been available and I like the changes.

Yes- I do add olives and avocado to them every chance I get.  Love the combo- salt from the olives and the avocado is tasty and a good fat which helps stabilize blood sugar.  Yes- good fat is good for you.  No- it will not make you fat.

This is what I used this time (organic):

1 Stick of Grassfed Butter (I use and recommend KerryGold- I use half of it)
2 Whole Onions- chopped
Leeks- this time I used an entire frozen bag of them
Mushrooms- diced (I like to cut my mushrooms)
Bag of Carrots
Good size head of parsley- fined chopped
4 Bok Choy- left whole aside from cutting ends off
4 Cloves Garlic
2 Bay Leaves
Spring Water

The key is to melt the butter and saute the onions till sweated and glistening.  Once done add the rest of the ingredients.  I pressure cook for approx 10 minutes once pressure is reached.  Play around and add what you like.  Can't go wrong with veggie soup.  See what happens below.  :)  Yep- we joined the VINE world.  Join us!



p.s. My wonderful lentil soup (yes- it's delicious too) recipe is HERE.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment