Sunday, September 12, 2010

Superfood Dessert: Trusty Truffles



From Julie Morris for Navitas Naturals... "super food dessert truffles are the easiest and one of the most undeniably delicious ways to get more nutrients in your life".

Looks pretty good! I am intrigued by the Antioxidant Twister Blend so much so I just ordered some from Iherb.com (use code: GOG211 to save $5 off your first order!). Will help save on the amount of cacao I go through (I seem to go through it so quickly). :) The palm sugar and dates (make it more fudge-y) I will most likely switch out for at least some- if not all Xyiltol- which is truly low glycemic. While in Indonesia recently, I witnessed the major deforestation going on in the area for palm sugar- and it was not pretty. Although, I am sure it does add that desirable crunch... is it worth it? Enjoy!

Julie's Recipe for Trusty Truffles
3 Large Medjool Dates- pitted
2 Tablespoons Cacao
2 Tablespoons Antioxidant Twister Blend
1 Tablespoon Palm Sugar
2 Tablespoon Coconut Oil
Pinch of Sea Salt

* PLEASE NOTE: SEE THIS POST HERE. CLARIFICATION ON PALM SUGAR FROM NAVITAS.

No comments:

Post a Comment