Sunday, May 16, 2010

Pancreas/ Pancreatic Enzymes + Why I Don't Eat Flesh


Dr. Nicholas Gonzales, is highly regarded and feared in the medical world for successfully treating his cancer patients naturally- ie no chemo, radiation, etc. He is a strong believer in the use of pancreatic enzymes for warding off and killing cancer cells. They also greatly benefit your digestion ensuring your food is properly digested.

Gonzales studied among many things the work of Embryologist, Dr. John Beard who was the first in 1906 to propose that pancreatic proteolytic digestive enzymes represent the body's main defense against cancer, and that enzyme therapy would be useful as a treatment for all types of cancer. You can read more about this HERE.

My doctor and his wife are both cancer survivors (cancer free for many many years via natural means), patients to some extent of Gonzales and stand well behind his work and pancreatic enzymes.


As you can see they are from pork... why? Well pigs are biologically the most closely related to humans. I have already been taking digestive enzymes for sometime now- Multizyme and Zypan by Standard Process, and my doctor had Dr. Gonzales Pancreas Enzymes out and I asked him to test them on me. I received a green light and decided to give them a try. Is it necessary for me to take them? No. I do not have cancer, but it can't hurt either. Plus, I have wanted to try them ever since I heard Dr. Gonzales talk about them on oneradionetwork.com with Patrick Timpone.

(This gives me the barf-ick all the way -
except for the asparagus not touching the meat
and of course the fries in the background.)

This brings me to something else which some may be wondering... how is it that I can take pancreas enzymes from pigs and yet I don't eat meat or fish (ie flesh)? First off, my diet has been ever changing as I learn and grow. I have been eating a vegetarian diet (no flesh) for about 4 years and even through my raw vegan phase of 8 months I was taking supplements some of which contained animal products.

I believe that we DO need animal products to thrive, however I am not yet convinced that the benefits outweigh the negative effects of eating flesh. Why? First off, when you eat flesh you are eating ALL of the metabolic waste of that animal and fish. Even if you are eating the cleanest fish (is there really such a thing???) and grass fed meat- I would be wary and limit your intake. Most eat way too much. Check your heavy metal levels and keep your digestion in check- I do think everyone should be taking digestive enzymes. Supplementation to me means being specific. You get the benefits without the negative effects.

(I feel the same about fish as I do about the steak- major barf + ick.)

What about protein? Well, I think we can get ample protein from whey, dairy and eggs. Flesh slows down your digestion (especially if you do not have a "quick digestion"). Sans flesh you'll have a cleaner and quicker digestion. You don't want waste to putrify in the body.

Most of my friends and loved ones eat flesh and there are some whose work I greatly admire and write about, such as Daniel Vitalis, Sally Fallon, Michael Pollan, Barbara Kingsolver, Joan Gussow, and Dr. Gonzales (only for his patients who have a "quick digestion"- he developed a specialized test for this) who advocate eating good flesh. I say this because I am not trying to make anyone feel bad for their dietary choices- rather I am just sharing my thoughts.

Above all I trust my doctor and my barf-ick factor, which guides me well. If I over think about the eggs I eat and the animal derived supplements, I can feel barf-icky sometimes as well- but I get over it. It is very different than seeing a carcass on my plate and I've come to terms with it.



My diet of late consists mainly of greens, lots of veggies, cheese, eggs, and a little fruit. I have been eating artichokes like crazy (I love them steamed with butter) and satisfy my sweet tooth with pieces of dark chocolate.

My advice in a nutshell: most need to really limit their sugar (in addition to "sweets" this includes fruit, dates, etc- all high in sugar), seeds, grains, nuts, and legumes. Watch and limit your "cooked" oil intake. Stay away from refined processed foods and soy. Drink lots of spring water. It's what you do 90% of the time that is really going to count. I'm all for enjoying life with food as well.

In the end, no matter what I do or what anyone says... you have to do what is best for you and your body. Everyone has their own barf-ick guides and things they enjoy. Just be open if you need to change it up. For now this works for me. I have a very clean bill of health, happy organs and I feel really really good. That's all that counts. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment