Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Are You Drinking Enough WATER?

Are you drinking enough water? Take your weight (lbs) and divide in half which equals the approximate amount of water you need in ounces per day. If you are very active or in extreme weather you need more.

I start my day with approximately 32 ounces depending on how soon I have to be out the door. I try to start out with more than 1/2 of what I need, because as the day progresses I have been guilty of forgetting. Since it's cold now, I drink warm water and squeeze in a combo of a grapefruit, lemon and/or orange.

Another thing to know... it's best if you do not drink water or liquids with meals. I know it's common to help assist getting thy food down the hatch, but chew your food properly and you won't need liquid assistance. Plus, you will be digesting your food better not only because you chewed it, but because liquid dilutes what little digestive enzymes you have left. The rule of thumb is to not drink water 2 hours after a meal and to drink it 1/2 hour before a meal.

Happy hydration... and digestion! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment