Sunday, April 4, 2010

How Globes Are Made

I ordered this globe today. I have been wanting one forever. I especially think about getting one while planning holidays. Since I am in the midst of such big decisions, I figured now is as good a time as any. I think they're a good thing to have in the home. If you are at all intrigued check out this video on how they are made. What precision!



Daniel Vitalis just let me know that Maine has the largest globe... The Guinness World Record Holder. Another reason to visit Maine! Tidbits below and more info can be found HERE.

Eartha is a 3-dimensional scale model of our earth with mountains and landforms in full 3D, that rotates and revolves, simulating the earth’s real movements. Eartha was given the title of "World's Largest Revolving/Rotating Globe" by the editors of the Guinness Book of World Records in 1999, and still holds that record today. It measures 41.5 ft in diameter. Unveiled July 23, 1998 Eartha took two years to build and represents earth as it is seen from space. It rotates and revolves on a specially designed and built mechanized, cantilever arm.

No comments:

Post a Comment