Friday, June 5, 2009

Some Essentials from iHerb.com

I am all for online shopping. For me it's fast, efficient, I generally find better prices and receive free shipping. IHerb.com is one of the places I get lots of "healthy" essentials and I wanted to share some of them with you. I don't think I've ever paid for shipping and they have really good prices- trust me I double check them. ;) Plus, for your first order you'll save $5.00 by using the code: GOG211- yeah!
Most have heard me rave about Kold Kare- some have received as a gift from me since I like it so much. It's an herb, "andrographis paniculata" and it's good to take at first sign of feeling sick (take 2 in the am, 2 in the pm). If you catch it in time you won't get sick. Apparently the herb attracts the "virus" and pulls it out of your body. If you are already sick, don't take it- it won't hurt you, but it'll be a waste.
Another of my staples from iHerb.com is Vitex. Some may recall I mentioned in my acne post. Vitex (agnus-castus or Chaste Tree) is a traditional woman's dietary supplement. Vitex does not actually contain hormones. It appears to increase progesterone by stimulating the release of a hormone called luteinizing hormone from the pituitary gland. It is widely used to promote overall health and balance in a woman's cycle.
Oil of Oregano is a great for everyone. I use it when I brush my teeth. Just a little drop as it is STRONG and effective. In all seriousness- the first time you use your mouth will be on FIRE- use a teeny tiny bit. This one is even diluted with olive oil and it's still strong. Great for killing bacteria and germs. Also, if you have a sore throat, feeling like you are getting sick, or are sick- many report they put a few drops in water and drink, and apparently have warded off many colds.
Anthony just ordered some Hawaiian Lehua Honey by Garden of Life. It's raw, organic and only harvested once a year from Ohia tress in the remote volcanic mountains of Hawaii. You know how he loves his honey. :)
Have you ever tried Teeccino? Teeccino (tea CHEE no), is a nutritious blend of Mediterranean herbs, grains, fruits, and nuts that are roasted and ground to brew and taste like coffee. I had for the first time at Quintessence with cashew mylk. It's soooo good! :) Great substitute for coffee- so much better for you! It's naturally caffeine free, non-acidic, + 75% organic. My favorite one is "mocha". I've had the chocolate mint and another one, which are good too, but mocha is my favorite. It reminds me of those cafe' mochas I used to enjoy from time to time in the afternoons... until I found out how damaging coffee is to your adrenals and I gave them up. I make my teeccino in a french press and then add in some cashew mylk. It's better than the real thing.

IHerb.com also has agave, coconut oil, cacao powder from Navitas, and many other good finds. They ship internationally too. So check them out next time you are looking for some good things and save $5.00! Whoohooo!

No comments:

Post a Comment