Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Pax Understand Men Workshops Review


It was by way of reading my horoscope on the AstroTwins I fell into the work of Alison Armstrong (ie PAX/ www.understandmen.com).  I listened to one of her free audios and it was... WOW.  So I devoured all the freebies on her site, signed up for her newsletter, and said if she ever comes to the East Coast I will go check her out.  Not a week later did I get an email from Pax- Alison would be in Boston for Celebrating Men, Satisfying Women- and off I went.  It was life changing.  It's not just about your husband, partner or lover- it's about your Dad, brother, sons, boss... it's about ALL the men in your life and you.  It's FANTASTIC.

The program starts off with Celebrating Men, Satisfying Women which is so informative and life changing, I think it should be taught to everyone in school.  To me it's just as important as teaching kids how to balance their finances/not go into debt and about eating real food- all come to mind as they are unfortunately not (yet) taught in school.  All SO very important.

It was there I signed up for the rest of their program- they offer a fantastic package (huge savings) to purchase all if you are interested and can commit in the class. Just a heads up.  Here is a little bit about each of the workshops I attended and who I had as my workshop leader:

Workshop leader: Alison Armstrong
Celebrating Men, Satisfying Women is your source for understanding men and all the extraordinary results that makes possible. An intimate workshop designed specifically for women to allow over 20 fascinating topics to be absorbed beyond the conceptual level and integrated into your life.

Workshop leader: Kathryn Jaliman
Called the “Queen Course” by graduates, this challenging and clarifying workshop shows women how to bring out the best in themselves, especially those regal qualities that allow us to be happy and fulfilled, while bringing energy and life to those around us. The same qualities that inspire men to admire, be influenced by and generously provide for women.

Workshop leader: Jaime Myers
If you’re married or engaged to be married, dating and thinking about marriage, or even uncertain that marriage is right for you, Celebrating Men & Marriage will make a positive difference in your life. You’ll dispel the fantasies, get to the bottom of the conflicts and disappointments, and gain understanding and tools that you can use immediately.

Workshop leader: Paulette Slater
For anyone who wants to understand why women do what they do – how they think, act, speak and listen – and how to work with it instead of being frustrated by it! In this workshop, both you and the men in your life gain an extraordinary understanding of how you are put together as a woman.

Workshop leader: Paulette Slater
Celebrating Men & Sex will explain how every aspect of being male is expressed in sex, as well as how to reconcile male sexuality with your own needs and values. You will be surprised at the depth of understanding and appreciation men have for sex and the opportunity to have sex.



In regards to my workshop leaders- Alison is my favourite.  Jaime was awesome and I also really liked Paulette.  Kathryn was nice and very "queen" like, but I didn't resonate so much with the class overall.  It was informative and important, but I thought it could've been two days vs three and there was too much group sharing.  A few of us walked away not really enjoying it- however we are all different and I also heard from others who really enjoyed it.  


I am not a "workshop" kind of person in general...  I prefer to read and listen on my own time vs group sharing.  And if that is more your speed Alison has a ton of amazing audios and books- I have them.  However, I can see why the workshops are an integral part of their and your success and why they had us group share- they do make a bigger impact.  All in all I am really glad I signed up for the series.  You will come away with invaluable and beneficial information.

Btw... if you are in NYC on Thursday, September 27th, 2012 there is a FREE workshop, Making Sense of Men, so you can get a feel for how they are.  I have no doubt it will be good.  I highly recommend!


No comments:

Post a Comment