Thursday, December 29, 2011

Update: Dangerously Delicious Gluten Free Low Glycemic Chocolate Chip Cookies now completely Grain Free + Protein Rich!


I surprise myself with improvements sometimes, but alas this is a double update since I already thought I made these cookies even better.  Now they are protein rich made with almond and chickpea flour.

Ingredients:
2.5 cups Almond Flour
1.5 cups Garbanzo Bean Flour (Chickpea Flour)
1.5 teaspoons Baking Soda
2 teaspoons Baking Powder

1.5 teaspoons Sea Salt
2 1/2 sticks Unsalted Butter, softened

2 cups Sweetener (Xyiltol + Palm Sugar is what I used this time)
2 large Eggs, room temperature

2 teaspoons Vanilla extract

Optional:
16 ounces Mast Brothers Chocolate Chips (Decadent! Wrote about HERE)
2 cups Dried Coconut Shavings
8 oz Sliced Almonds

Mix ingredients well together.  Add in the optional ingredients and mix.  You can refrigerate the dough for a bit or you can get right to it and make medium size balls of dough as above.  This time I used parchment paper, which worked out wonderfully as I could keep baking (limited number of pans).  Bake for approximately 18 minutes at 350 degrees.  The tops should turn golden brown.  Let cool and eat.  SOOO good!

P.S. They go fantastically well with homemade coconut mylk recipe HERE. Also, most ingredients have been linked to the source- great source for organic almond flour in a large quantity (ie savings) and others from iherb.com which is seriously my #1 go to source for amazing ingredients.  Use code: GOG211 for $5 off your first order.  Yay!



No comments:

Post a Comment