Saturday, September 24, 2011

Protein Rich, Grain + Gluten Free Bread... + Toast

I saw this recipe on Elana's Pantry (which I love) and had to try it.  It spoke to me.  :)  BREAD that I could eat sans reactions.  WOW.

I've found that in addition to being gluten intolerant I basically don't do well with any kinds of grains (I think those who find themselves gluten intolerant would do better being grain free too), so sadly I've cut out my beloved brown rice, quinoa, buckwheat, chia seeds, etc.  Once in a while I will partake, but it's pretty rare.  I find I just feel so good sans grains, but I do miss the way they taste. Her recipe calls for flax seeds which I have not had in years, but didn't have any problems and the next time round I will probably try brazil nuts in their place. 
 
YES!  Toasted.  With Butter!  :)

I mixed up her recipe a little bit. It's delicious!!!

2 tablespoons coconut flour
1/4 cup golden flaxseeds finely ground up
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
1.5 teaspoons baking soda
5 eggs
1/4 cup coconut oil
 1 tablespoon coconut nectar
1 tablespoon juice of an orange

1. Place almond flour, coconut flour, flax, salt and baking soda in a food processor.
2. Pulse ingredients together.
3. Pulse in eggs, oil, nectar and orange juice
4. Pour batter into a greased loaf pan
5. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes
6. Cool and serve.

:)

p.s. most ingredients came from iherb.com- if you haven't already tried them use coupon: GOG211 for $5 off your first order. 

No comments:

Post a Comment