Sunday, November 28, 2010

Make Your Own Organic Vegetable Broth

(Homemade Vegetable Broth
Please pardon the pictures- they were shot in low light under a yellowish bulb- hence the cast)

I've longed to make my own vegetable broth and I am happy to report I have now- multiple times. :) It's easier than you think, delicious and so so yummy! I used Alice Water's instructions as my guide.

The secret for good vegetable stock is first sauteing diced onions in butter till golden brown.

Use your favourite veggies. So far I have been using celery, carrots, potatoes,p and garlic. Sea salt (to taste after) and of course enough water to cover your veggies.

Bring to a boil and then turn down to simmer for a few hours. You can either drain the cooked vegetables or eat all together. No longer do you need to choose between the low sodium and regular organic boxed vegetable stock- this is soooo much better. Cheers!

Link

No comments:

Post a Comment