Sunday, November 28, 2010

Check These Links

How awesome is this? Makes me feel better about driving already.... Hertz is making things a little easier. Beginning in late December, customers in New York, Washington, D.C., and San Francisco, and on select college campuses, will be able to rent a Nissan Leaf, the first mass-market, zero-emissions electric car. The Leaf can go about 100 miles on a full charge.


HOW TO MAKE RICE MILK AND STOP SUPPORTING RICE DREAM
I wasn't aware that Rice Dream was connected to Monsanto... yeeks! Although, if I drink any "milk" these days it is generally a nut mylk. Though now that I have this great recipe I might try it out. Much better than chemically preservative laden alternatives albeit they might be "organic".


WINTER SQUASH, WARTS AND ALL
Are you eating up winter squash? This might shed some light. :)


SMALL CHEESEMAKER DEFIES F.D.A. OVER RECALL
Great article and brings up some good points covering... raw milk, listeria and government regulation of large vs small businesses. I'm all for small business, but if I were eating cheese I wouldn't be happy knowing Ms. Estrella was selling it and it had listeria in it. At the same time I think regulation or over regulation is ridiculous.

No comments:

Post a Comment