Friday, September 17, 2010

Spring Lake Farm: Inspiring the Grass Fed Movement in Upstate New York

You'd never even know the city was close by... Really cute video and three cheers for eating the good stuff. Get ready to see the most ginormous pig ever. HUGE! It's sad to hear about all the farms closing... how many more reasons do we need to support local farms, products and services?

I just want to put this out there- if you don't, can't, and or just don't to want to grow your own - there is nothing wrong with that. If we did everything ourselves we might as well just live in a bubble and I tire of this notion and the "shoulds". Everyone has a different path and things they love and are really good at. I am grateful that we are all different and bring different things to the table. Definitely helps to keep things interesting. For myself, in this lifetime, I know (at least at this very moment- never say never, right?) I wasn't put on this earth to be a farmer. I have a huge amount of respect for them and their hard work... so I do what I can and support them by buying local as much as possible. It's also fantastic if you can and do love to grow your own food. There are many ways to a good end... and good food. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment