Thursday, July 15, 2010

Make Your Own Popsicles

It's been uber hot here. If I could, I would hide out in the fridge, but unfortunately I can't fit in there. Popsicles can help however. :) I suggest you make your own. You'll know what's in them and if you desire you can make them as pretty as the ones shown (which are from Martha Stewart Magazine).

I didn't have the patience, but I did stack some of mine mixing a little yogurt and fruit. I also made some with some tea on the sweeter side. Just refreshing and no sugar- yah! I also found these recipes below HERE. Have fun experimenting with it and cheers to cooling off!

Honeydew-Basil
Mix 4 cups of honeydew melon cubes (which contain potassium) with 1/4 cup of vitamin-K-packed chopped fresh basil and 1/2 cup organic frozen lemonade concentrate.

Pineapple-Cinnamon
For an exotic tropical pop, use 3 cups of pineapple chunks (known for anti-inflammatory properties), 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, and 1/4 cup fresh orange juice.

Mango-Parsley
Combine 1 ripe mango (an antioxidant powerhouse) and 1/2 cup loosely packed chopped parsley (a bad-breath fighter). If the mango isn't ripe, add 1/4 cup frozen lemonade concentrate.


No comments:

Post a Comment