Monday, June 28, 2010

Fathead the Movie on Insulin, Sugar + Fat



I have not seen this movie, but the video clip above sort of touches on my point about the great importance of limiting our "sugar" intake. When I refer to "sugar" I am referring to any sweetener- natural or processed and everything in between. Please see post: Insulin, Sugar and Fat.

In simple terms- the amount of sugar + insulin your body has to process drastically affects your health. There is no difference if it is natural vs processed. Of course natural is better in many many ways, but in terms of affecting insulin levels- it doesn't make any difference. What makes a difference is it's glycemic rating. If you do your own research, you'll find as I did that many "natural" items actually have a higher glycemic rating than those deemed "unnatural". Eeeks! Also, keep in mind in the realm of "natural" the glycemic rating is all over the place.

The body sees sugar as sugar. Period. As I've stated previously in other posts- I am not advocating you eat "unnatural" items. I am however advocating that you carefully watch and be mindful of your "sugar" intake. It is a treat (once in a great while, def not a meal replacement) and should be treated as such. Try cutting your "sugar" intake in half and see how you feel. I bet you will feel a BIG difference.

Additional posts to check out: Fructose (Sugar) May Be Almost as Hazardous to Your Health as Soda and Sugar Ills.

The trailer from this movie is below.



No comments:

Post a Comment