Saturday, February 13, 2010

What is LOVE ?

(Alexander Girard)

"When my grandma got arthritis, she couldn't bend over and paint her toenails anymore. So my grandpa does it for her now all the time, even when his hands got arthritis too. That's love." -Rebecca, age 8

"Love is what makes you smile when you're tired." -Terri, age 4

(photo: Chris Craymer)

"When you love somebody, your eyelashes go up and down and
little stars come out of you." -Karen, age 7

"Love is when you kiss all the time. Then when you get tired of kissing, you still want to be together and you talk more.
My mommy and my daddy are like that.
They look gross when they kiss." -Emily, age 8



"Love is when mommy sees daddy on the toilet and
doesn't think it's gross."
-Mark, age 6

"Love is when my mommy makes coffee for my daddy and
she takes a sip before giving it to him,
to make sure the taste is OK." -Danny, age 7


"Love is when you go out to eat and give somebody most of your
French fries without making them give you any of theirs." -Chrissy, age 6


"You really shouldn't say I LOVE YOU unless you mean it.
But if you mean it, you should say it a lot. People forget." -Jessica, age 8

We all know (I hope!) what love is, but who better to define it than a group of kids ages 4-8? You may have received this- it came via an email share to me. I shared some- not all here, though it was hard to pick as all of them were really good definitions of love. :)

I know some people do not like Valentine's Day because it is a "commercial" holiday... but who cares that it is a commercial holiday? Really??? What's wrong with having a holiday to remind us to love? It is what you make it. Happy Valentine's Day! Enjoy L-O-V-E !

No comments:

Post a Comment