Saturday, December 19, 2009

Completions + Goals + Vision Boards

The end of the year, or any cycle is a good time to reflect. It is also a great time to make plans for the future.

I have generally always made goals and lists and they've served me well. There was a year or two where I didn't make goals, and looking back I think I did unnecessary floundering. I thought at that time that too many lists would keep me from the present moment. It was a nice experiment. I share this with you just in case you have might have similar thoughts.

Completions, intentions, setting goals and vision boards are quite helpful. Knowing what you want, thinking about what you want (reflecting) is important and key in helping you achieve a full satisfying life. Pace yourself. Make them achievable. Dream big. And have reasonable expectations.

Like attracts like. Use the Law of Attraction wisely.

C O M P L E T I O N S
1. the act of completing. 2. the state of being completed. 3. conclusion; fulfillment: Her last novel represented the completion of her literary achievement.
Katie Hendricks, of Hendricks Institute (resources for conscious living and loving) has a hand out you can download for free on her page to help assist you in your completions. You can find it by clicking HERE. My only suggestion is to not go crazy. It has been said that if your lists are too long you might be overwhelmed- and not complete any of your tasks. This is not the goal of the completions. The goal is to complete them. :)

G O A L S
1. the result or achievement toward which effort is directed; aim; end.
There are quite a few online resources where you can set up your goals and track them- sort of like the GratitudeLog. For me what has worked best is to write my goals out. I aim for approximately 5- give or take. They are bigger- in terms of weight than completions for me. Generally big picture stuff that usually requires more time and planning.

V I S I O N B O A R D S
1. a visual representation or collage of the things that you want to have, be, or do in your life.
I have been saying for a while that I am going to do a vision board. It is on my list of completions and it is also a goal to do them more frequently. I do mini vision boards on my computer, but I wanted to do a physical one that I could hang on my wall and see more often. For more information on vision boards click HERE + HERE, and check out this nice article about the Law of Attraction HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment