Monday, November 2, 2009

NYT Article: The Carnivore’s Dilemma

(NYT image: Emma Houlston)

Amen! Though I choose to eat a vegetarian diet, I am always surprised that some think eating a vegetarian and/or vegan diet will save this planet from global warming. Factory farming vs farming along the lines of "as nature intended" are quite different.

Anyone who spends some time in nature realizes that we are a whole eco-system and we all need each other. Cutting one out will only hurt us. We already know how bad mono-culture (growing one thing) crops are. Plus, you know how I feel about soy and I think we all need to limit how much grains we eat. Could you imagine if we all ate soy? Well actually most people are these days... they just don't realize it. But you get the point... Yikes! Please READ this article HERE.

p.s. I don't think anyone likes killing animals- even those that eat them. Could we eat them less often? I think so. But I definitely do not think they are solely to blame for the planet's health.

No comments:

Post a Comment