Sunday, October 25, 2009

Gotham Girls Roller Derby

(courtesy: Gotham Girls Roller Derby Site)

Seattle vs Brooklyn + Queens

This was such fun to see! Live and in person. I can't remember the last time I went to a sporting event. I never knew this (Gotham Girls Roller Derby) actually existed, but some friends invited us and I was game because I was pretty excited after seeing "Whip It". If you haven't yet... it's a feel good, must see and the directorial debut of Drew Barrymore (who I think has some pretty awesome energy, which translates quite nicely in her film). Trailer below.



And here is a video I found about the Gotham Girls.


It looks rough and tough- and it is... but it is also about a bunch of girls getting together and having good fun. All shapes and sizes, and they whip around on their skates. So much fun! Yah for fun Roller Derby!

No comments:

Post a Comment