Sunday, May 17, 2009

Green Smoothies

Every morning, without fail (unless I am traveling) - even in cold weather, I have a green smoothie. Green smoothie = greens, fruit, and water mixed together.

Today's smoothie mix... organic: spinach, spring mix, strawberries, blueberries, mango and spring water. I have a Vitamix 5000 and LOVE it! If you are a naysayer (i.e. you say things like "I would never spend that much money on a blender!")... trust me as I used to say those things too- you will never regret it. Amazing investment and not only will it last your lifetime, but you will make even more amazing- fast and smooth smoothies. ;)
Here it is all blended. The photo makes it appear pink-y brown, but it was probably more brown looking. The more blueberries you use the more brown it will be, and the less blueberries the more green it will be. Even though brown looking - it is still a "green smoothie" and still very good for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment