Sunday, April 19, 2009

Fast, Delicious, and what a treat... Coconut Ice Cream!

While I have been enjoying my almost daily P90X workouts with the boys, I have also been indulging in some coconut ice cream. No, it's not the raw stuff, but ingredients-wise it is almost as good (better if you don't want all the nuts). Plus, it's organic, made with coconut milk, soy and dairy free, and one of them is sweetened with agave.

So far, I've spotted two brands... the first being "Purely Decadent by Turtle Mountain"- my favorite flavor (I don't like saying flavor cause it sounds artificial) is "chocolate peanut butter". Yo!

The other is, "Larry and Luna's Coconut Bliss" and I have had the "chocolate hazelnut fudge". Also, quite delicious. :)

In the past, coconuts received a bad rap because of their "fat" content. However, I think people are now making more well informed choices (looking at the whole instead of a piece) and realizing we do need fats. Coconuts, aside from being delicious, healthy and good for you, probably give you the best source of saturated fat. In the past, coconut water/milk was used for blood transfusions! You can read more about coconuts here.

And in case you don't know the benefits of soy are way over hyped. It is pretty much NOT good for you. It is actually GMO (genetically modified organism = bad) and high in estrogen- which we all (men and woman) have too much of these days.

Yah for coconut ice cream! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment